I’ve been working with an ACA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) sponsor for a couple months now, and shes given me some daily activities to do.
1. 5 minute breathing exercise: breathe in through the nose for the count of 3 then out for the count of 6.
2. 5 minutes prayer: she suggested a combination of the AA prayers. I like the 3rd step prayer, so I’m going with that one.
“Higher power, I offer myself to you, to build with me and do with me as you will. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do your will. Take away my difficulties, that I may bear witness to those I would help of your power, your love, and your way of life. May I do your will always.”
I’m going through a bit of a God crisis right now. But I know something is out there, so I will pray and hope it listens.
3. 5 minutes of positive intentions: such as, “I’m going to be okay”, “it’s okay to let things fall apart”.
I thought, on my first day of this I would share my intentions with you, along with some daily positivity!
I am going to be okay
I am enough
It’s okay to let things fall apart
I am open to being restored to sanity
I am open to open mindedness
I am a good mom
I am a good partner
I am a good friend
Healing will come, friends.
- Lover made the coffee this morning. I put this down nearly every positivity, because I never want to take it for granted. In my life, I have had to take care of myself and other people for most of it. We support each other. Even if he made it for himself and I’m just taking part in it I did not have to make it today and I am full of gratitude.
- I called in sick for a mental health day and I do not regret it. I plan to do healing activities such as showering
- I have an awesome sponsor. I am learning to reach out for help.
- I get to see my little A and J tonight, and then I get to have them for a whole week while their dad is out of town.
- I am enough.