My dad told me not so long ago, that while he was working he made a visit to the quarry down by the Minnesota river. At the quarry were mountain lion tracks. Surprised by this, he mentioned it to some of the workers. They replied that the tracks were there all the time, that it must have made a home nearby. Now, if you look at the MN dnr’s website they say no mountain lions live in Minnesota, they only pass through the woods that used to be their home.
But it does. The workers at the quarry know it’s there.
I drive by the Minnesota river sometimes, and I look at all the woods and marshes near the river, and I like to think about that mountain lion, living there, not giving a shit about the dnr. Just living its life, hunting, napping in the thick woods.
Lover and I were talking about a song the other day, called Glory Days. The song is dumb af, we were laughing at the thought of someone reminiscing about the wink in a young girls eye. I said I believed our glory days are ahead of us, that the best was yet to come. Lynn, he says, our glory days are right now. I didn’t want to believe him right then, but right now, as I watch A and J hopping around, joyous as they practice back bends cartwheels and I know he’s right.
But I still believe it’s going to get better. 💜
- I got my babies back after 5 days at their dad’s house. I missed them and am so happy they are home
- Waking up with my love…there is nothing better than waking up to the love of my life every day
- Having taken the time to make Turkey sausages in bulk, making breakfast was a snap of 30 seconds in the microwave and an apple with peanut butter. So. Amazing.
- Bestie Hannah is almost out of quarantine for covid! I was scared when she got it, but she was fine and I am so grateful she’s okay.
- Making meatballs for dinner with J. Teaching A to do her own laundry. I don’t take this for granted, I am so glad I get to teach my daughters and spend time with them.