So it occurred to me, as I was speaking of my day on the phone a little while ago that I was being pretty negative about a day that wasn’t really so bad. I thought, I need to do some more positivity.
So here we are! Lynn is being positive again.
1. Therapy appointment for A. She was excited for it and talked alone to the therapist for a bit. I feel really good about this, that going forward we can adjust to her working alone with him and thus us good news for everyone.
2. Went with the kids to see some old friends of ours I haven’t seen since September. It was good, I’ve missed them.
3. Took a long nap. It wasn’t on purpose, but I needed it. J actually napped and I fell asleep during meditation and slept for 2 and a half hours. I’m hoping to go to bed early tonight too.
4. Showered. In the evening. Wet hair in subzero temperatures are no good so I’m on top of it!
5. A wanted braids in her hair…just like mommy. She looks so pretty and it’s such a wonderful compliment that she wants to be like me.
Not every day of parenting is going to be easy…today wasn’t but there were definitely bright spots all over and today I choose to look at those.