It’s cold out. I’ve had a pretty chill day, but haven’t been very busy which meant I had time to get inside my own head.
I took on a new sponsee, who was supposed to come to a meeting this morning with me, and didn’t show when I arrived. So instead of going to the meeting anyway, which is what I should have done, I went home. I’m not feeling great physically, and had things to do but ended up hanging out and thinking about what I wasn’t doing.
Never a good idea.
However, my sponsee called, and arranged for a later meet up. Which is how I ended up at the Alano club where my home group is, going to a meeting.
I’ve called a lot of places home before. I’ve lived in many places (although they were all in the twin cities) but I feel like the term home has a different meaning to me now. When I go to my alano club, I feel like I’m home, in a way I haven’t felt like since I was a kid growing up. I don’t feel like that when I go to my residence, or my mom’s house, or even to the place I grew up. I get that feeling when I’m with my kids, or my lover, or with my best friend, but most intensely when I’m going through the doors of that alano club to be with other sober alcoholics.
I think it comes down to home being where you know you are loved unconditionally by people who know who you truly are and love you anyway.
1. Slept in, and made myself eggs on toast. Mmmm…
2. Bought new glasses. They’re on order. I’m scared shitless of the price…I never spend that kind of money on something and I’m debating taking them back. But… I look so good. Hmmm…
3. Made daiya mozzarella garlic toast for lunch and ate it with spaghetti sauce.
4. Meeting and working with my new sponsee. If you havent done it, it’s amazing. Like nothing else in the world.
5. Adulting is done for the day. Laundry folded and put away. Dishes done. Apartment (relatively) clean. Its beautiful.