It’s been a long time since I packed so much into a single day. I’ve been up since 6, and went non-stop up until an hour ago. Now I have another hour and a half of free time before kickball and I don’t know what to do with myself.
So, I write. 🙂
1. A smooth morning getting out the door. I was even able to do the dishes!
2. Caribou was out of almond milk. I was devastated. I really wanted a latte but it was ok..i would settle for a house blend and an apple juice for A. Then…it was free. The staff felt bad that I wasn’t getting what I wanted and wouldn’t take my money. So a free coffee! And it was delicious.
3. A successful run at the courthouse getting all my papers.
4. Lunch at my favorite stand in the St. Paul skyways. It’s been 6 or 7 years since I’d been there and their tamales are to die for. So. Good.
5. Sneaked in a meeting at a treatment center in between the madness of government bureaucracy that I spent my day doing. It felt great.
The meeting was on the Promises. Which is apt, as my life is a testament to it. I dont regret my past. The happiness and freedom I’m experiencing now are a result of working the steps. I have the life now that I always wanted. Albeit it looks different than I thought it would but it’s beautiful, and mine, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.