Parenting a kid with oppositional defiant disorder is no joke. No one really understands what it’s like if they don’t have a kid like that themselves.
I did some reading up online about parenting ODD kids today. Nothing really that I hadn’t heard before, but a refresher on basic skills was good. It’s been hard though. When your kid comes in for a hug and tries to bite your stomach I tend to react negatively. I want to take the kids out, but I keep getting swung at so we don’t make it out the door.
I’m going to conquer today. I’m going to make this day my bitch and own it. Or at least I keep telling myself that.
1. I almost dodged the pickle J threw at me. Some reflexes are better than none.
2. It’s sunny and nice out. It looks divine through the windows. I have them open and the fresh air coming in is wonderful.
3. Lovely conversation with my friend where I was able to give her driving directions randomly when she needed it. I felt useful.
4. My niece is back from living with her dad as of today. We got to go see her, and it was wonderful. Both kids napped on the way home and it was peaceful afterwards.
5. I made candy bars. Peanut butter oatmeal almond honey filling covered in chocolate. So good. I’m so full. And yes, I actually ate a real dinner too. Working on better taking care of myself.
Decided for today to quit quitting. It’s been hard. And it’s just for today. I’ll decide what I’m doing tomorrow, tomorrow.