Pure physical exhaustion.
And I quit smoking.
I pretty much finished unpacking and putting together the beds. I have the living room mostly arranged to my liking, and my lovely keyboard is set up. You know, the important things. I replaced the blinds that A broke our first day here (took two trips to Wal-Mart as I got the wrong size on the first go). I put up wall decals in the girls room, and got my room mostly in order. I forgot to feed myself several times and I’m too spent to actually make anything now. But it’s a good tired. The kind that comes after you know you’ve done some serious work. Physical tired.
1. Breakfast of eggs and toast and coffee. I didn’t have to work today (which should be a positive all by itself) but I got up early and made breakfast and it was delicious.
2. Obviously, the apartment. I’m loving this place. It feels like home. I got some snuggle time in on the couch before I kicked off into high gear and pretty much didn’t stop moving until 3pm when I made myself stop for a sandwich.
3. My new lamp. I found it at the store and HAD to have it. I put it back on the shelf twice before I decided I’d regret not getting it like I regret not getting this indescribable decorative thing I saw when I was getting my kitchen table. (I might have to try and go back to get it…it was so cool) But anyway….lamp!
Isn’t it cute?
4. A’s first night of dance class. We rolled in with 5 minutes to spare and managed to get dressed and purchase dance shoes in time for the class. She’s a natural, and loves the class. I’m so happy about this. I was worried she wouldn’t like it but she’s so excited and happy for the class and it makes me feel so good that I can do that for her.
5. Quitting smoking. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. I tried and failed hypnosis last week. (Either the hypnotist sucks or I’m not super open to suggestion. I like to think the latter) So I’m doing the patch. So far, I’ve had a couple thoughts about having a cigarette but I haven’t needed one. I feel good about that. I’m going to take it like my sobriety and do it one day at a time. I left myself a half pack in my car, and it’s there if I need one but so far I haven’t. We will see how tomorrow goes. Happy thoughts.
Bonus round. Looking into dance classes. This is something I’ve wanted to do forever, and I’ve been presented an opportunity to do it. I’m so excited about it. Still working out the details so not sure when or where but I feel like this is going to be a really good thing.