It’s been a busy weekend. I made good on the meditation, saw friends, packed things, watched live music and came close to falling off a dock.
Also the state fair.
The state fair is a pretty big deal in MN. It’s supposedly the third largest in the US, and there were over 200,000 people there the day I went. It took us half an hour to find a parking spot and only because some nice guy who was leaving waited for us, then let us pull in behind him. One kid was selling parking spots in his yard for 50 dollars.
Once inside, Hannah and I found food, shopped for sunglasses, and stumbled on hula hoops for sale. I kind of regret not getting one but she did, and we found various places around the fair and hooped a little.
Hannah is amazing
I’m getting better!
Also, food. I got a Chicago dog which was amaaaazing and Lynn friendly, as well as a tiny overpriced cupcake. It was worth it. Hannah got a blueberry basil lemonade that was incredible as well, she shared like the awesome person she is. We walked around for a bit, then went back to her place and I practiced the new tricks she taught me.
I’ve had camping on my mind again today. I’d really like to go again at least once this fall, preferably when the colors are peaking. I just need to find someone to go with. Random thoughts.
1. Getting up early. The waking up part was rough, but I was able to shower, meditate, and eat my toast before work. My alarm wasn’t irritating, which was nice.
2. Carrots and delicious tomato basil garlic hummus for lunch. I picked up some essentials at the grocery for the new place at lunch. I’ll have toilet paper right away. This is good.
3. Piano lesson! I probably won’t get many more because I’ll be broke but I’m going to try to make the most of what I’m getting.
4. Waking Light, by Beck. I just love this song. It’s beautiful.
5. Kickball night. I joined a new team, and there’s a double header right out the gate. I’ve played against them before and it’s a fun team so hopefully it’ll be a good fit. I’m looking forward to it!
Sorry…i can’t figure out why the videos are suddenly sideways. I’ll work on it!