Plot twist – my lovely little apartment that Lover and I have made a home with our children has been found covered in mold and we have to move out.
So that’s exciting.
We have just a couple weeks to find a new place and move all the stuff out. Which stressed me out to incredible levels, until Lover suggested moving to a desirable part of town. Instantly, my attitude changed. Suddenly, instead of this huge wide open scary thing, there was a mission, a goal that wasnt just necessary but also exciting.
Incidentally, this is also the area I grew up in. (They say you cant go home, but, here we go!)
So I’m going to go look at 3 apartments tonight after work. I feel good about this. These were the first 3 I called, and the only 3 that answered the phone/had availability/ weren’t senior living/had openings on the dates needed.
I’m hoping for the best, that one of these spots is the right one. I feel confident after praying that God will show us the way, and Lover and I will have the best possible place to live.
I’ll keep you posted!
- The trees are changing color…its beautiful
- Lover made me the best coffee ever this morning. Thank you!!
- Delicious leftover meatloaf for lunch…I was naughty and drank a coke with it. So good though!
- I’ve been really productive at work today, figuring things out and getting it done!
- It’s so nice out…I’m sitting outside on my break and its warm and perfect out.
I have been swallowed by life it seems. The past month has been a blur of my new job plus making the most of my time with children and Lover, but I havent made much time for friends or music.
This disappoints me.
I gave up kickball this season too. It just felt like another demand on my time that I just didnt have right now.
All this frightens me.
It’s so easy for me to make exceptions for the rules of my meetings and friends. And then the exceptions become the rules and I’m out of balance and spiritually sick.
The only answer, is to show up again. But since I missed my Monday meeting this week, I’ll maybe get a Wednesday meeting in and make sure I get there this coming Monday. I’m going to meet my sponsee. Call my friends to say hi. And pray for the knowledge of Gods will and the power to carry it out. But not in that order.
1. I got up this morning and showered. This was good for everyone.
2. I found paperwork relating to a job-thing I’ve been trying to figure out and it was super helpful.
3. Free tacos for lunch! Lover packed me a delicious lunch but right as I was about to go a coworker grabbed me for a potluck I didnt know about and I got to have taco bar instead. I’m looking forward to the lentils tomorrow though! He made me soup from scratch last night and while he doesn’t think so, it is freaking delicious.
4. Having a lovely night with the girls. They were pretty well behaved, and I got to play a couple games of checkers with A. She stalemated me for one of the games! I’m impressed.
5. Going to bed early. I’m so tired I can barely keep my eyes open anymore.
Also, here is a picture of me eating the toast Lover made for me when I was running late to work the other day. He’s the absolute best.